Join Our Team
Our offices are in North Vancouver just off Keith Road. We occupy 2 large floors that are flooded with sunlight in the summers (perfect for keeping all our plants alive). One of the office’s best features is that it is just 50m from Lynn Creek and has gorgeous walking/ chatting/ gathering areas. In addition, there are two coffee places approximately 7-minutes away (on foot) which is perfect for a quick catch-up with a colleague!
Our Core Values
A value without action is hard to imagine or measure; please take the time to read through our values and the behaviors that we love to see embraced.
- We maintain poise and respect of our customers and our team in stressful situations
- We are quick to admit mistakes
- We focus on solving problems for our customers and concerns with care and efficiency
- We set the right expectations upfront and don’t promise to give more than we can deliver
Innovate by Staying Curious
- We are hungry and on a hunt for great ideas that will help our customers
- We are ego-less when searching for great ideas
- We pursue ideas based on their merits and not who brings them to the table
- We encourage and support creative thinking
- We deeply care about Novarc’s success and all its stakeholders
- We share information openly and proactively
- We only say things about colleagues that we have said to their face
- We focus on listening, not quick reactions to ensure we understand
- We ask for help and own up to mistakes
Challenge the Status Quo
- We are willing to give and receive constructive feedback
- We say what we think, even if it is controversial
- We question when things are not aligned to our values
- We challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted, and suggest better approaches
Go Above and Beyond
- We strive to exceed our customers as well as our teams’ expectations of us
- We will go the extra mile to achieve what we have committed to individually and as a team
- We are thirsty for excellence and on a never-ending quest to improve the quality of our work
- We celebrate our wins
Work-related projects that inspire us are at the core of what we do. While we are continuously looking for new ways to simplify and improve our current SWR designs, we are always on the lookout for ways to improve our client’s experience be that with different designs and customizations OR with new accompaniments altogether. We are all in charge of helping improve what we do every day and new ideas and suggestions are welcome!
KEYWORDS: career growth, company culture, work-life balance, and challenges.
Talent Acquisition at Novarc
Our process is fairly straightforward. First, feel free to learn more about our company and available openings. If you find a position that you are interested in (and qualified for), complete our online application and submit your resume.
STEP 1: A member of our team will be in contact with you for a voice interview/screening call so that we can get better acquainted. This is an opportunity for you to ask any questions that you may have about the company and work environment while we are also able to get to know a bit about you and your passions.
STEP 2: Thereafter our interview process depends on the position within the company that you are applying for.
Sales: Virtual ‘Day at Novarc’ interview where you will speak with a team member who can speak to day-to-day expectations.
Ops: You can expect to be asked to come in for a technical assessment as well as a verbal confirmation of skills. This would include a ‘Day at Novarc’ interview and chat with stakeholder(s) that would be regularly interacting with the position.
Engineering: In-person or video skills assessment Q&A. This would be followed by a ‘Day at Novarc’ interview. Chat with stakeholder(s) that would be regularly interacting with the position
STEP 3: Culture interview.
STEP 4: One-on-one with the CEO.
STEP 5: References.
STEP 6: Offer.
Promoting a Culture of Diversity and Inclusion
At Novarc, we work to bring people of diverse backgrounds, identities, and experiences together. The melody of viewpoints allows us to think bigger and build our innovative products to compete in this changing world. If you are invested in being part of a team where new and unique ideas and perspectives are celebrated – you are at the right place.
Perks & Benefits
Health & Dental Insurance
Novarc provides health care insurance to all full-time employees. These include:
- Drug coverage
- Hospital coverage
- Paramedic coverage
- 3 weeks of leave after 1 year of employment
- 4 weeks of leave after 4 years of employment
- 5 weeks of leave after 5 years of employment
- Life insurance coverage
- Accidental death & dismemberment coverage
Novarc provides fruit and snacks to all employees in the office. We also do weekly lunches and regular company gatherings.
Five days of Sick or Wellness leave per year for days when you are under the weather or not feeling like your best self.
Critical Illness ST & LT Disability
If unable to work due to an illness injury while insured, you will receive income replacement as per benefits policy.
$300 per 3-year period including $150 for steel toe boots.
Employee, Family & Assistance
Our EFAP provides 24/7 short-term counseling services for you and your dependents by phone, online or in-person, and through online resources. Call 1-844-671-3327.
$1,000 per person per year starting in January each year. Training to be used for personal development.
Treat Yo' Self Day
One day per year to take for yourself (eg. Birthday, spa day .. try spending it on something healthy and fulfilling)